Monday, March 19, 2007

Playoffs! Don't talk to me about PLAYOFFS!


With the NBA Playoffs just around the bend it is time to look at the standings and talk about the match-ups. After a lot of thought I think the West is going to stay the same for the last 16 games. So with that in mind here is the first round of the West Playoffs and how I think they would play out.

#1 Dallas
#8 Golden State

#2Phoenix
#7Denver

#3San Antonio
#6L.A. Lakers

#4Utah
#5Houston

So looking at this one by one starting from the top, I think that Golden State would give Dallas one hell of a series, as evidence the fact that Golden State is 2-0 this year against Dallas, but in the end I like Dallas in 7 games.

Phoenix and Denver is going to be fun TV that's for sure, I think the only question in this series is whether or not we are going to see a defensive play or not. My money is Phoenix playing just enough defense to get the job done in 6 games.

San Antonio and the Lakers, I'm sure you all know what I'm going to say but before you say I'm being a homer let me say this, the Lakers are 2 and 1 this year against San Antonio and the one loss was thanks to a buzzer-beater. Lakers in 6 games.

Utah and Houston, this should make for some of the best played and best coached games of the year. I think in the end the experience of Houston is going to pay-off. Houston in 7 games.

So after the first round if my memory is not letting me down the match-ups would be as follows.


#1 Dallas
#6L.A. Lakers


#2Phoenix
#5Houston

Dallas and the Lakers. This is very hard for me to call. I think Dallas is over-hyped and the Lakers always fight to the end. This is going 7 games for sure and I like the Lakers 101 to 100 in game 7. Like I said this is going to be hard.

Phoenix and Houston. This to me comes down to that fact that Phoenix just has too much fire power and I do not think T-mac can put up 50 in every game. Phoenix in 7 games.

So now we come to it the Western Conference Finals.

#2 Phoenix
#6 Lakers

Would it be too much to ask for the Lakers to best the top 3 teams in the West one after another? It could be, but on the other hand if they come this far with out going home I can not see Kobe letting them fall to the Suns two years in a row. This time it is the Lakers in 6.

This is all for now but look out for my Eastern Conference Playoff breakdown.

No comments: